this is a simple tutorial on how to do custom fonts for themes (with the use of Google Fonts).
these fonts are applicable to most of the browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) so it’s really helpful.
Here’s the steps on how to do it (Please read this carefully because instructions should be followed for it to work)
1. Go to this page and look for the font you like; i already compiled most of the fonts i like, if you want more options you can go to google fonts.
2. There are two links below the font title, the first one with the <link href=”…”> and the second one with the “font-family:”;”
3. Copy the first one and paste it in the html section of your theme, anywhere will do but i recommend you place it after the <head> section. ***HERE’S THE CRUCIAL PART*** when you copy the link, you can see a space between the ‘<’ and the ‘link’, remove that. if you don’t it wouldn’t work properly!
4. Now for the second link, place it in the CSS portion of the code. here’s a sample of that:
font-family: 'Font Goes Here', cursive;
this is just a sample, replace the ones inside with the second link you got and the div section you want to place the font with.
5. If you go after the <body> section you could see that if we place text in the div section, it would look different. here’s a sample:
< div id="title" >SOME TEXT HERE.< /div >
6. Then it works! hope this tutorial helps! :)